Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Challenge #008 Winners and December Contest Winner!

 Its the start of a New Year. So of course I’ve gotta say something! Please bear with me...because after you do we will get to announcing all of our wonderful winners!

 I have good feelings about 2014.

I have a Jillian Michaels workout video. And BOY does she make you work! When the workout is over and I’m lying flat on my back gasping for breath she says these words...

“Now I want you to do a deep inhale. And with that inhale I want you to think about everything you have brought to the table today;  all of your actions, all of your intention coming together with one focused purpose so that you can be the best you possible. And there is no guilt in that, there is no shame in that, that is your job, that’s what you’re here to do, to be you. Cuz you know something, everyone else is taken. You are called here to this time, in this place for a reason. And that’s to be yourself. So don’t cheat the world of that. You owe it to yourself and you owe it to your friends, to your family, to the people around you, to live your best life. So you take a deep breath right now and you think about everything that you have accomplished. All of your strengths, all of your capability, all of your potential and when you exhale, you let go. Let go of all the negative stuff, all the drama, all the worry, all the anxiety. All the stuff that 99 percent of the time doesn’t even come to pass. You be present, you live in this moment. And you know this, that in this moment everything is perfect. In this moment you are safe. And take one more deep breath in, big exhale out and sit up nice and tall for me.” -Jillian Michaels

It may be because I’m so exhausted I'm delirious, but that little spiel at the end of my workout inspires me every time!  It's the jump start I need to go tackle my day! Now what a good way start off 2014 don't you think? I don’t have any New Years resolutions this year. I am already constantly working on goals. I’m always trying to progress, its who I am. However, because I am so goal oriented on a daily basis, its easy to feel let down when I don’t live up to my own expectations. (Which trust me, can happen a lot.) Like Jillian Michaels says, sometimes we just need to take a deep breath. Sometimes we need to forget our goals and focus on what we have already acheived so far. Take a minute and remember what you have accomplished over the last year. Don't think about anything else. For a minute only think of your successes. It's the first day of 2014. Close your eyes, take a breath, exhale. Remember your accomplishments, feel your strength and your potential. Now sit up nice and tall. 2014 we are ready!


This challenge required the use of red or green. I loved the color combination of golds, browns, and yellows with the splash of green. There isn't much green used in this card but the placement of the green along with the rest of the coloring combinations really made it pop out and make it dominate. Beautiful card Danielle!

I tend to love CAS when the coloring is good. And I thought she did a great job on her coloring. The paper piecing of their shirts is an adorable touch. I also love the accent she added in the upper left. The line work matches the artwork of the tree perfectly.
 

Please e-mail me at sami@adayfordaisies to claim your Gift Certificates to the Sami Stamp Shop!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment and for choosing my card amongst the winners! I'm delighted :) Congratulations to the other winners too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize that tree!! :) And I agree with you on the whole resolution thing. I'm always trying to better myself on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, so making goals at the beginning of each year just doesn't work for me. As long as I'm doing better than I was than the day/week before- I'm good. Also, I think it's a little silly to carry around the burden of goals not accomplished when you have no idea what is going to happen to you, or your family that year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to all of the winners! Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for recognizing my card - what a wonderful treat to see this morning. I really love that image and its so much fun to color. No new year's resolutions for me this year :o) Hugs D

    ReplyDelete